Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 5.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Audio Qulaity
Hey,

recently set up Open Auto Pro and plugged in my Headphones for testing. Noticed a significant loss in audio quality when playing via USB and Android Auto. It's not the sound card, I tested that with my regular laptop. Then continued searching for optimal configurations of Pulse Audio.
Found this and set it up: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/solved-terri...ows/8203/6
No real difference.
Do you  guys have any idea on why this is the way it is?
And what this is caused by?
I haven't gotten any probems when using a "regular" version of Android Auto in a car which supports it.

Thanks in advance!
Did you check whether power supply does not drop the voltage when your Phone is connected? There should not be any audio quality loss because OpenAuto Pro just forwards audio stream from the phone directly to the PulseAudio. Does it occur only in case of AndroidAuto or also in case of A2DP?
(01-11-2020, 02:39 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Did you check whether power supply does not drop the voltage when your Phone is connected? There should not be any audio quality loss because OpenAuto Pro just forwards audio stream from the phone directly to the PulseAudio. Does it occur only in case of AndroidAuto or also in case of A2DP?

Ouhh, thats a good point, didn't check on that. I'll take a look at that, thanks!