Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 6.1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caller Echo
I have searched a good bit and found a good fix yet. 

When using hands free the person on the other side can hear themselves a second after they say something.

I turned on noise cancellation on the pulse audio, but it didn't seem to fix it. 

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?
Echo cancellation is enabled by default. What distance is between speaker and microphone?
(01-05-2020, 10:00 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Echo cancellation is enabled by default. What distance is between speaker and microphone?

The microphone is on the sun visor and the speaker is in the door. I'd say about 3 to 3.5 ft
What is your sound card and microphone? What volume level did you set for the microphone input?
(01-05-2020, 10:10 PM)BlueWave Wrote: What is your sound card and microphone? What volume level did you set for the microphone input?
The sound card is a card I picked up at Best Buy Roccat Juke Virtual 7.1. The microphone is a generic one that came with a bluetooth adapter that was already in the car that worked well.

Just checking the gain in alsamixer the gain was set to 100. I am going to try and adjust this and see if it fixes it.
(01-05-2020, 10:20 PM)nolensb Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:10 PM)BlueWave Wrote: What is your sound card and microphone? What volume level did you set for the microphone input?
The sound card is a card I picked up at Best Buy Roccat Juke Virtual 7.1. The microphone is a generic one that came with a bluetooth adapter that was already in the car that worked well.

Just checking the gain in alsamixer the gain was set to 100. I am going to try and adjust this and see if it fixes it.
If I turn down the microphone the caller can still hear themselves some what, but not me. I tried multiple combinations and couldn't get rid the echo.
does it happen only in android auto, or does it happen in both android auto and open auto?