Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available
(01-21-2020, 07:53 PM)Vitalic Wrote: So i soldered the usb soundcard (pcm2912a from TI as mic input) to my PCB and enabled the already soldered hifiberry-dac.

It works. Sound is pretty well except some glitches when using AA via wifi. Didn't test direct wifi. On USB everything went well.

Unfortunatly i forgot to solder the mic in... so wasn't able to test ok google...

Maybe it was possible to give a hint if no soundcard with in and output channel was detected?

There is no easy way to detect that sound card is not connected. However sound card is listed as required accessory to use OpenAuto Pro.
Just throwing a suggestion out there as this question seems to come up a lot on the forum.
Would it be possible instead of just a black screen, maybe have a message that pops up that offers a few suggestions like.

Android Auto Error! Please check the following and try again
Sound card is functioning correctly
Microphone is connected
???
(01-21-2020, 09:01 PM)Chrisfromwa Wrote: Just throwing a suggestion out there as this question seems to come up a lot on the forum.
Would it be possible instead of just a black screen, maybe have a message that pops up that offers a few suggestions like.

Android Auto Error! Please check the following and try again
Sound card is functioning correctly
Microphone is connected
???

Black screen is decision of Android Auto (made on the Phone). We do not receive cause why projection was not started. That is the reason why it is not possible to display meanigful message.

Anyway, we still wondering why it is so hard to follow system requirements before running the software Smile.
Agreed! I had the same issue black screen. Double checked the minimum requirements on the manual, made the changes, and boom Android Auto worked.
The problem is if you are a user who had OA since first version and it always worked with same setup, you don't check requirements again. My fault... but OA3.2 worked without input channel.