Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenAuto Pro version 4.0 is available
(12-09-2019, 02:05 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:40 PM)tmacmannis Wrote: Would it be possible to get some example amazon links of external Bluetooth dongles that are compatible? Want to make sure I find one that isn't based on broadcom..

They are usually marked as CSR 4.0 dongles. CSR means Cambridge Silicon Radio - manufacturer of the chip.

Thanks for the response. When I search for CSR 4.0 I am seeing some results but all of them are saying windows only. Does anyone have a link to one that is verified working with this new release? Thanks
the reviews on this one say it's compatible with ubuntu, which is also based on debian:

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0775YF36R
after trying v4 all that i have tested seems to work ok but when on the raspbian desktop the shortcut back to open auto does nothing and i have to reboot
(12-12-2019, 12:53 AM)stefi Wrote: after trying v4 all that i have tested seems to work ok but when on the raspbian desktop the shortcut back to open auto does nothing and i have to reboot

Do you mean F12? Do you run any application that may block this keystroke?
I just flashed V4.0 but my phone doesn't seem to detect the Pi as an audio device. Every audio is played on my phone even though I paired the devices successfully.
On release canditate 3.3.2 everything worked perfectly. Is this a known issue or just me?
(12-12-2019, 08:49 PM)Lukas97 Wrote: I just flashed V4.0 but my phone doesn't seem to detect the Pi as an audio device. Every audio is played on my phone even though I paired the devices successfully.
On release canditate 3.3.2 everything worked perfectly. Is this a known issue or just me?

What sound card do you use? Did you set permissions for audio playing on your phone's Bluetooth settings?
(12-12-2019, 08:53 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 08:49 PM)Lukas97 Wrote: I just flashed V4.0 but my phone doesn't seem to detect the Pi as an audio device. Every audio is played on my phone even though I paired the devices successfully.

What sound card do you use? Did you set permissions for audio playing on your phone's Bluetooth settings?

Im using a USB soundcard which I also used before and worked fine. In my phone's Bluetooth settings I can only set permissions for calls and contacts, theres no music streaming or something like that which was there before I updated to 4.0.
The only thing that I did before on 3.3.2 was using the btswitch script which is not need anymore as far as I know?
Im using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 on Android 9.

Ok, I played arround with the Bluetooth-Audio-Codec in developer options. "SBC" seems to do the job for me.
(12-12-2019, 01:17 AM)BlueWave Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 12:53 AM)stefi Wrote: after trying v4 all that i have tested seems to work ok but when on the raspbian desktop the shortcut back to open auto does nothing and i have to reboot

nothing else running but not using f12 no, when i end up on raspbian desktop there is a short cut on screen back to OAP, it used to work with each version but no longer with v4.0 the short cut is still there but it does nothing now
(12-13-2019, 10:04 AM)stefi Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 01:17 AM)BlueWave Wrote:

nothing else running but not using f12 no, when i end up on raspbian desktop there is a short cut on screen back to OAP, it used to work with each version but no longer with v4.0 the short cut is still there but it does nothing now

Desktop shortcut is for running OpenAuto Pro only. It is not intended to "bring" OpenAuto Pro to front and never was. In order to bring OpenAuto Pro to front, please either use F12 key or click on the "autoapp" button at the taskbar.
As we managed to make Raspbian Buster fully compatible with OpenAuto Pro there is a time for new features. Please have a look at Equalizer that will be available in next release (should be released still this year). Stay tuned!