Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnePlus 7 Pro and AA communication error 2
Hey all,

I've been messing around with OpenAuto for the last ~3 weeks. I had everything working perfectly about a week ago, and put the project on hold while I waited for some parts

I received said parts today, and I'm now receiving the following (below) Android auto error when plugging my phone into my rasberry pi4.

https://imgur.com/a/QACepG8

Do I need to roll back Google play? Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.
Clear cache and remove AA app from your phone.
Then reinstall AA.
https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=600&highlight=communication+error+2
Just picking this project back up.. Apologies for the delay.

I've attempted to implement the workaround of clearing the app cache & reinstalling. Unfortunately, the Android Auto application reinstalled as a system app, and I'm unable to access the developer settings.

I've adjusted my Open Auto video settings back to 480p and I'm still receiving the same communication error 2 when connecting.

I've learned that Google is now implementing Android auto into Google assistant, and I appear to be able to launch the app by saying "ok Google, let's drive". However there are no visible video options available here.

Anyone else running into this?
(11-21-2019, 05:59 AM)beanmiester Wrote: Just picking this project back up.. Apologies for the delay.

I've attempted to implement the workaround of clearing the app cache & reinstalling. Unfortunately, the Android Auto application reinstalled as a system app, and I'm unable to access the developer settings.

I've adjusted my Open Auto video settings back to 480p and I'm still receiving the same communication error 2 when connecting.

I've learned that Google is now implementing Android auto into Google assistant, and I appear to be able to launch the app by saying "ok Google, let's drive". However there are no visible video options available here.

when i say "lets drive" it only opens maps not AA. you can turn on the developer settings on your system by tapping the Build # 10 times in settings / about
you can and have to open developer settings in AA in order to start the server side of AA.  i may be off on some of this but i have done it and use it now

I use the oneplus 6T
(11-21-2019, 01:26 PM)jennmike2 Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 05:59 AM)beanmiester Wrote: Just picking this project back up.. Apologies for the delay.

when i say "lets drive" it only opens maps not AA. you can turn on the developer settings on your system by tapping the Build # 10 times in settings / about
you can and have to open developer settings in AA in order to start the server side of AA.  i may be off on some of this but i have done it and use it now

I use the oneplus 6T

Thanks for the response. I'll dig a bit more when I get home.

The issue is that I have no way to manually launch Android Auto now. With the app reinstalling as a system app it is no longer in the app drawer. When I connect to my PI it fails to launch - leaving me unable to edit the settings.

I have a second car with built in Android Auto. I'll try plugging into that and see if I can access the settings.
Not sure if it will help you (says my device isnt' compatible) but Google released an App to allow people to open the app when it gets installed as a system app. Have you tried that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead.phonescreen&hl=en_US
(11-21-2019, 10:08 PM)officialgrantd Wrote: Not sure if it will help you (says my device isnt' compatible) but Google released an App to allow people to open the app when it gets installed as a system app. Have you tried that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead.phonescreen&hl=en_US

I was able to install this but it didn't help, it had its own set of settings that weren't being passed to OpenAuto. Nice idea though.

I ended up formatting and flashing the OpenAuto package on to my sd card and it's now working. I believe the dpi was the setting causing problems (I thought resolution was the only thing involved).

I also learned that from the all apps page in settings, you have the option to accesssettings of Android Auto.

Once the app was selected, scroll down to "STORE", then "ADDITIONAL SETTINGS IN APP".

Thanks for the help.