Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCA-USB Adapter, Video Shows in VLC, Not OAP
This issue has been brought up in other threads but with no solution. Since those threads were not started with the intention of fixing this problem, I started a new one. 

As stated, the RCA-USB adapter that I have (EasyCap with UTV007 chip) works fine in VLC (Media->Open Capture Device->Video device name /dev/video0). When the image comes up, it says v4l2:///dev/video0 in the header. In openauto_system.ini, DeviceDescriptor=v4l2:///dev/video0. In OAP, it's a black screen. 

I'm running the 3.3.2RC on RPi4 4GB
meeting all hardware requirements, bench testing with official power supply and powered USB hub. No undervoltage symbols or any other main problems at this point. 

Does anyone have an idea what to try next?

Thanks
(10-07-2019, 02:21 PM)officialgrantd Wrote: This issue has been brought up in other threads but with no solution. Since those threads were not started with the intention of fixing this problem, I started a new one. 

As stated, the RCA-USB adapter that I have (EasyCap with UTV007 chip) works fine in VLC (Media->Open Capture Device->Video device name /dev/video0). When the image comes up, it says v4l2:///dev/video0 in the header. In openauto_system.ini, DeviceDescriptor=v4l2:///dev/video0. In OAP, it's a black screen. 

I'm running the 3.3.2RC on RPi4 4GB
meeting all hardware requirements, bench testing with official power supply and powered USB hub. No undervoltage symbols or any other main problems at this point. 

Does anyone have an idea what to try next?

Thanks
i have tried everything but i couldnt get a solution, so i am testing a script that will be triggered with a gpio and show the video feed... so far it works but the issue i have is... when AA is on the video feed stays in the background...so i have to exit AA to see the video feed... i can send you the script i am using if that will help you
Support for camera is still in beta version. Currently we try to make improvements as it looks like Raspbian OS works not as expected in case of some cameras.
Thanks for the response.