Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 Release Candidate is available
We are happy to inform you that you can request for first Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2

More info here:
Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2

How to get it?
will it be possible to upgrade via update script from this to the final?
Otherwise will hold off until we have a version we can update from.
I understand 3.3.2 (maybe bump the version to 3.4 or 3.5) requires a fresh image due to buster.
Whole new OS seems to need more than a bump of version number
Development is still ongoing. We will see when everything will be ready.
(09-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: We are happy to inform you that you can request for first Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2

More info here:

How to get it?
RE: Pro 3.3.2 RC - Install Feedback and Questions

(1) During the initial setup, Pi attempted to update. Error message said D/L site is not available for 2 more days.
(2) Bluetooth confusion: I have a usb bluetooth, so I selected "Remote" in setup.  Now appearing is an input box and a keypad offering only 0-9 and A-F.  No other instructions or indicators. So, what does it want in the input box? 
Oops, I just remembered to do sudo btswitch external.  But, what is the purpose of remote?
(3) Bluetooth further confusion:  Listed on my phone are Openauto Pro  and Openauto Pro- #2.  Is it reading the onboard B/T as well as the usb B/T?  Do I need both? If no, then which do I kill?
(4) Pi issue:  When exited from OAP and on Pi screen, every touch on the screen is interpreted as I want to change the name of a file instead of running that file.  I'm trying to click on music I have saved but instead of playing it, pi wants to change the titles.  What do I change to clean that up?
(5) Highberry Amp2 Hat is not registering.  Pi sees the sound card (Alsa) and is using it. But when I go into Pulse volume control, the only selectable output recognized is headphones.
(09-20-2019, 01:51 PM)Frank Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: We are happy to inform you that you can request for first Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2

More info here:

How to get it?
RE: Pro 3.3.2 RC - Install Feedback and Questions

(1) During the initial setup, Pi attempted to update. Error message said D/L site is not available for 2 more days.
(2) Bluetooth confusion: I have a usb bluetooth, so I selected "Remote" in setup.  Now appearing is an input box and a keypad offering only 0-9 and A-F.  No other instructions or indicators. So, what does it want in the input box? 
Oops, I just remembered to do sudo btswitch external.  But, what is the purpose of remote?
(3) Bluetooth further confusion:  Listed on my phone are Openauto Pro  and Openauto Pro- #2.  Is it reading the onboard B/T as well as the usb B/T?  Do I need both? If no, then which do I kill?
(4) Pi issue:  When exited from OAP and on Pi screen, every touch on the screen is interpreted as I want to change the name of a file instead of running that file.  I'm trying to click on music I have saved but instead of playing it, pi wants to change the titles.  What do I change to clean that up?
(5) Highberry Amp2 Hat is not registering.  Pi sees the sound card (Alsa) and is using it. But when I go into Pulse volume control, the only selectable output recognized is headphones.

1) do not update raspbian, everytime it broke my distro
2/3): sudo btswitch external, reboot, select external instead of remote in oap settings
4) idk
5)same for me, followed the setup guide but sometimes dont work. never show in pulseaudio but audio work everytime in chromium, sometimes in andoid auto and almost never with a2dp
Just a few things I have noticed with the 3.3.2 RC update

1) When I start OA, the sound icon in the top bar has an 'x' indicating no sound. However sound is working fine through my system. If I fully exit OA and open it back up again, I have access to volume controls again from the top bar and no sound icon in the top bar.
2) I have just installed an external bluetooth dongle and I am now seeing the OpenAuto-Pro #2 bluetooth device that is available. My phone only connects to OpenAuto-Pro and works fine, but i am seeing it there.
3) When in AndroidAuto during and after a phone call the screen freezes and I need to disconnect my phone to get back into OA. However, if I have the OA top bar displaying whilst in AA then I do not have this issue at all.
(09-22-2019, 03:08 AM)nevetherym Wrote: Just a few things I have noticed with the 3.3.2 RC update

1) When I start OA, the sound icon in the top bar has an 'x' indicating no sound. However sound is working fine through my system. If I fully exit OA and open it back up again, I have access to volume controls again from the top bar and no sound icon in the top bar.
2) I have just installed an external bluetooth dongle and I am now seeing the OpenAuto-Pro #2 bluetooth device that is available. My phone only connects to OpenAuto-Pro and works fine, but i am seeing it there.
3) When in AndroidAuto during and after a phone call the screen freezes and I need to disconnect my phone to get back into OA. However, if I have the OA top bar displaying whilst in AA then I do not have this issue at all.

1) It looks like a problem with compatibility of your DAC and PulseAudio. As faras we know - HiFiBerry has huge problems with PulseAudio so we strongly recommend to use USB sound card. There is nothing we can do more in scope of this problem because it is related to the DAC itself.
2) Did you use btswitch command? Now it looks like you have two active bluetooth adapters (internal and external).
3) That looks like random issue with your phone. Top Bar has nothing to do with phone calls and Android Auto projection. We were not able to reproduce the issue with any of our reference phones. Please try to reset your phone to the factory settings and test again.
Just confirming no issues with RC. 

The new features (album art work, start up sound) work fine (didn't set a ring tone as I already get my phone's configured ring tone in OAP and AA) and noticed reverse cam now requires no configuration (except setting GPIO pin if using).

All existing options / functionality OK  (RTC, light sensor, animation etc.)
I am disappointed. It is time consuming and risky every time you want to update the system. I may just use my pi 4 for something else...
Once it's no longer in testing there will likely be an upgrade script which should be minimal impact to your working solution.