Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 10
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
can-bus pican2
i got it know

test in the car (mmcan is connected with obdport directly for test)

(10-10-2019, 07:53 PM)ronald001 Wrote: i got it know

test in the car (mmcan is connected with obdport directly for test)

Awesome, thats cool. I wish the steering controls were on CAN in my jag, unfortunately they are not. Glad you got it working. Are you getting the CAN ids yourself? or is there a list of pre populated ford ones? (Jag use to be owned by for, so perhaps theres some similarities)
no i must research all ids by myself
you look on your multimediacan for changes on ids when you press swc buttons?
cuz mine is also 2 wire and not can bus but the radio give can bus signals for this three buttons...
i see some video on youtube who do it with an arduino wich simulates keybord and 2 wire swc

jaguar x 2005
maybe this help you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0post9HVo
at 5:20
Awesome will take a look down that route when I get time.

I have created some canbus decoding tools that allowed me to finally get the messages that switch these lights on today, so I had a play to see what I can do with it (hence pointless video below). I will update the git once I have polished the software a bit, but its also written in nodeJs.

https://youtu.be/AseLG_cKs4c

Show radio as source in cluster while aux active and send text via canbus (later i try to show ttrackinfo)
Nice, how's the text string look in the message? Also is the cd player not over writing your custom text constantly?
text was send every 10 secounds period so i overwrite it with a pperiod of 200ms
and no radio cant write over my text cuz no text is comming now cuz radio is on aux
in the future i plan to build a filter with arduino and 2 mcp2515 so i filter id 1E6 for source and id 1E9 for text
so they are not avible now anymore
after i can send my own messages on these id´s  without the possiblbe to crah some messages...

here you see better and its the rigth video
radio is aux
cluster show radio as source

here you see day/nigth switch with the cars ligth
(also when ligthswitch is on position automaticligth on off)

(10-20-2019, 08:32 PM)Rhys_m Wrote: Nice, how's the text string look in the message? Also is the cd player not over writing your custom text constantly?

the text string is in hex i upload later a picture of that

i must find a way to show all text information in that 8 datalength of a message
like a slide from rigth to left

and next what is also importand for me is to read date and time from can bus and set up pi with this data
cuz i dont want connect an rtc
and this must be possible also i think
read id 080 get data convert from hex to dez and set time and date
added command for swc and vlc
and now after updating my pam module i have also can bus messages on pdc
so i have done automatic mute while pdc is on 
pdc off system unmutes