Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Speedometer & Rear View Camera
Video 
Hi All,

I've been writing two python apps that have now become one.  I started off with the GPS Speedometer which works quite well. Then I wanted an app to control the rear view camera, like the Everlander YouTube solution, but I didn't want hardware buttons.

The problem I'm having is that a want them to stay in the foreground.  When booting they come up just fine with my app up-front. I can switch the camera on and off no problem at all.  It's when I use OpenAuto that I can't bring my apps to the foreground very easily.

Does anyone have a solution?

Here's a really rubbish, but it gets the point across, video I just uploaded to YouTube: 

My code can be found on GitHub, here: python gps speedometer and camera control Smile
Photo 
Hi All,

I've updated the script to include rear-view camera Start, Stop & Record buttons.  Must look into learning PyQT to make the graphics better...

[Image: python-rear-view-camera.jpg]
Thank you for sharing. Looks promising.
We are sure that many OpenAuto Pro users can benefit form you solution. Keep doing good job.
(09-10-2019, 10:37 AM)Carver Wrote: Hi All,

I've updated the script to include rear-view camera Start, Stop & Record buttons.  Must look into learning PyQT to make the graphics better...

[Image: python-rear-view-camera.jpg]
Great Work!