BlueWave Studio forum
Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) (/thread-851.html)

Pages: 1 2

Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - paddyjaki - 06-25-2019

Hi,

I've just reinstalled my pi/touchscreen etc. (hardware) back into my car.

Everything is working okay, aside from the touchscreen when android auto is running.

The touchscreen runs fine on raspbian/open auto pro but does not let me use the touchscreen when my phone (AA) is connected (USB) to the pi.
I have enabled 'use touchscreen in android auto' on the system settings

The only change since I last had the hardware installed, is that I have updated my phone OS (OnePlus 3 - Android 9 (9.0.3))

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AA twice, but it does not fix the issue.
I have changed preferences (on raspbian) from double click/touch to one click/touch opening of files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - Hodaddy4 - 06-25-2019

I am having same touchscreen inop problem under AA only, and a guy I installed a system in his car called me and is having exact same issue. He and I both have Samsung phones, and using Ar1100 usb touchscreen controller. I have Galaxy S9, he has Galaxy S8 phone. Neither he nor I have made any changes to our OAP system.

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - BlueWave - 06-25-2019

We recommend update to the latest version of OpenAuto Pro.

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - paddyjaki - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 06:22 PM)BlueWave Wrote: We recommend update to the latest version of OpenAuto Pro.
Okay, I've sent a request to software@bluewavestudio.io

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - BlueWave - 06-25-2019

We got it. Let us know the results.

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - paddyjaki - 06-26-2019

Hi, yeah that fixed my issue. Thanks

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - mikiano - 06-30-2019

Same issue here, keen to get the newest AA Pro version.

Additional info: touch still works on older Google Android Auto version 4.1.590943-release, but not after upgrading to 4.4.592344-release.

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - BlueWave - 06-30-2019

Yes, this is due to Google AA changes. From OpenAuto Pro version 3.1.1 everything works good. Confirmed by several users.

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - mikiano - 07-01-2019

(06-30-2019, 08:45 AM)BlueWave Wrote: Yes, this is due to Google AA changes. From OpenAuto Pro version 3.1.1 everything works good. Confirmed by several users.
Great, can you please make that version available to me? I sent you an email (mi......s@o.....com) requesting the newest version

RE: Touchscreen Issue - Android Auto (Only) - mikiano - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 07:37 AM)mikiano Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 08:45 AM)BlueWave Wrote: Yes, this is due to Google AA changes. From OpenAuto Pro version 3.1.1 everything works good. Confirmed by several users.
Great, can you please make that version available to me? I sent you an email (mi......s@o.....com) requesting the newest version

Working perfect again, thanks!