BlueWave Studio forum
USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls (/thread-831.html)

Pages: 1 2

USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - dreamvictim - 06-19-2019

Right, this is a strange one. Everything works perfectly,connecting my phone via an external bluetooth adapter works on OAP and phone calls work fine but the problems arise when I try and make a phone call in AA. The mic works when making "OK Google" commands but when I try to make a call the Mic symbol has a line through it and the touchscreen (connected via usb) stops working. I assuming it's some kind of USB clash but it only happens in AA when making a call. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - BlueWave - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 10:33 PM)dreamvictim Wrote: Right, this is a strange one. Everything works perfectly,connecting my phone via an external bluetooth adapter works on OAP and phone calls work fine but the problems arise when I try and make a phone call in AA. The mic works when making "OK Google" commands but when I try to make a call the Mic symbol has a line through it and the touchscreen (connected via usb) stops working. I assuming it's some kind of USB clash but it only happens in AA when making a call. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

It looks like your phone consumes too much current after connection to USB port. It might cause reset of Raspberry PI's USB controller (protection to avoid short circuit). Did you try to connect your Phone either via WiFi or powered USB hub?

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - dreamvictim - 06-20-2019

It's not a power issue. I am using a powered usb hub so there is no lightening bolt warning. I haven't tried Wireless connection yet but I will try that today.

I tried wireless connection and exactly the same issue - Mic symbol has a line through it soon as I make a call and touchscreen becomes unresponsive until I disconnect the phone from the Pi. I've also tried the internal BT and 2 different external dongles, they all do the same thing.

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - BlueWave - 06-20-2019

Please list components (manufacturer and model) used in your setup like Bluetooth dongle, Phone (include versions of Android and Android Auto app), power supply, sound card, microphone, touchscreen.

What adapter type did you select in Settings->Bluetooth?

Raspberry Pi 3B+
OAP 3.3.1
HiFi Berry DAC
USB Mic
USB Touchscreen panel mounted over Car Factory Screen.
12v to 5v 10a Step down Converter to run Pi and powered USB Hub
BT CSR 4.0 dongle

Moto G5
Android 8.1
AA version 4.3.591853

Adapter type in settings is Local used with External BTswitch command

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - BlueWave - 06-21-2019

Would it be possible for you to deactivate HiFi Berry and give a try with simple, 5$, USB sound card dongle?

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - dreamvictim - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 06:13 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Would it be possible for you to deactivate HiFi Berry and give a try with simple, 5$, USB sound card dongle?

Do you have a link for a good USB sound card?

Like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-External-Converter-Microphone-Raspberry/dp/B01M7QQQC7/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=raspberry+pi+usb+sound+card&qid=1561141761&s=gateway&sr=8-3

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - skrimo - 06-21-2019

Im using this USB ugreen soundcard, and it works great for me.

i also have HifiBerry DAC+, but I was newer able to get it to work with OAP os.

RE: USB MIC not working in AA for phone calls - dreamvictim - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 07:28 PM)skrimo Wrote: Im using this USB ugreen soundcard, and it works great for me.

i also have HifiBerry DAC+, but I was newer able to get it to work with OAP os.

Thanks man, are you using a 3.5mm jack microphone plugged into it or a usb Mic plugged directly into the pi?