BlueWave Studio forum
AA wireless "unavailable" [solved] - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: AA wireless "unavailable" [solved] (/thread-3684.html)

Pages: 1 2

AA wireless "unavailable" [solved] - warnkeTV - 02-04-2023

Hello there,
I'm having issues with the wireless AA functionality as it just doesnt seem to work for me.
At first I thought that It might be an issue with my phone, however my dad recently got a new Toyota that has built-in wireless AA and it works flawlessy in his car with my phone.
Therefore I would like to figure out what might be the issue with my setup that prevents wireless AA from working.
AA via. cable works without issues, when I try to open it via. Wifi or by IP it says "Android Auto is currently unavailable".
My phone (OnePlus Nord2) Is connected to the Pi's Bluetooth and Wifi, playing music using the OAP built-in Media Player works as well.

1. Provide detailed description of your setup:

System requirements:
a. What is the version of your RPI?
Pi 4b 4GB RAM
b. Power supply details
Using the variant listed here: https://bluewavestudio.io/community/thread-1128.html
c. Model of external sound card
Generic Sabrent USB-Soundcard
d. Do you have microphone input?
Yes
e. Details of your Bluetooth dongle.
TP-Link UB400 Nano
f. Touchscreen model
AT065TN14 with Adafruit AR1100 touch controler

2. Android Auto:
a. Which version of Android Auto have you installed on your phone?
b. Model of your phone.
OnePlus Nord 2 - Android 12

4. Steps to reproduce your issue
Connect Phone to the cars Bluetooth and Wifi -> Open Android auto via. Wifi or IP.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - Daniel_BlueWave - 02-05-2023

4. Steps to reproduce your issue
Connect Phone to the cars Bluetooth and Wifi -> Open Android auto via. Wifi or IP.

You are connecting phone to car BT and WiFi and starting OAP on RPI?

Did you try to start OpenAuto Pro hotspot and connect to it ? Before make sure that your phone is connected via BT with Rpi.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - warnkeTV - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: 4. Steps to reproduce your issue

You are connecting phone to car BT and WiFi and starting OAP on RPI?

Did you try to start OpenAuto Pro hotspot and connect to it ? Before make sure that your phone is connected via BT with Rpi.

With connecting phone to the cars BT and WiFi I meant connecting it to the RPi, my car is too old to feature its own BT or WiFi, sorry for not clarifying Big Grin .

WiFi Hotspot is activated in the OAP Settings, its set on the 5Ghz Network

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - BlueWave - 02-05-2023

Please post content of /boot/config.txt and /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini files. Also please reproduce the issue and provide the log file located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - warnkeTV - 02-09-2023

(02-05-2023, 05:35 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Please post content of /boot/config.txt and /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini files. Also please reproduce the issue and provide the log file located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log

Sorry for my late reply, I've been a bit busy.
Attached are the files you asked for, It won't let me upload .ini files so I changed the openauto_system to a txt.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - BlueWave - 02-09-2023

According to logs it looks like your phone does not connect to the Android Auto wireless service over Bluetooth. Issue seems to be on the phone side. Try to clear cache and data of Android Auto application, and redo pairing of your phone with Raspberry PI.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - warnkeTV - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 06:50 PM)BlueWave Wrote: According to logs it looks like your phone does not connect to the Android Auto wireless service over Bluetooth. Issue seems to be on the phone side. Try to clear cache and data of Android Auto application, and redo pairing of your phone with Raspberry PI.

Did the above mentioned steps, however I'm still running into the same error.
I also tried it with a Google Pixel 6a and got the same results. Both phones work flawlessly in the Toyota.

When trying to connect it again, I got an error that I also got earlier but completely forgot about:

"Bluetooth-Network": Failed to obtain an IP adress on bnep0

could this have anything to do with it?

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - warnkeTV - 02-13-2023

(02-09-2023, 06:50 PM)BlueWave Wrote: According to logs it looks like your phone does not connect to the Android Auto wireless service over Bluetooth. Issue seems to be on the phone side. Try to clear cache and data of Android Auto application, and redo pairing of your phone with Raspberry PI.

Any other ideas on what could be the issue?
I tried 3 different phones so far (OnePlus Nord 2, Google Pixel 6a and Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite) all of them get the same error. However they all work fine in the already mentioned Toyota.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - Daniel_BlueWave - 02-13-2023

If you performed mentioned steps and your phone still cannot connect to RPi BT dongle, then we suggest to use another BT dongle.

RE: AA wireless "unavailable" - warnkeTV - 03-06-2023

(02-13-2023, 04:37 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: If you performed mentioned steps and your phone still cannot connect to RPi BT dongle, then we suggest to use another BT dongle.

Hello Daniel,
I've tried another BT Dognle from UGREEN, however that one does not appear to be working with a RasPi.
Is there any specific, avialiable through european Amazon, BT Dongle that you would suggest I should try?

I also re-read your answer and I think there might be a missunderstandig:
The Phone DOES connect to the RPi BT Dongle without issues, playing music through OAP over Bluetooth works fine and so do calls.
The connection between the Phone and the RPi BT Dongle is established and recognized.
Its only Wireless AA that does not appear to be working.