BlueWave Studio forum
Equalizer thresholds? - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Audio features (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-63.html)
+--- Thread: Equalizer thresholds? (/thread-2688.html)

Equalizer thresholds? - Joe - 06-03-2021

Is there any way to set the upper and lower thresholds on the equalizer interface? 

The incremental values are exceptionally sensitive. While I was adjusting my custom values I accidentally bumped the touch screen with my knuckle which bumped the value up to +22db for a tweeter setting, which darn near blew the speaker.

Of course people are going to want to play around with this and I would really like to limit the potential for accidental damage.

RE: Equalizer thresholds? - BlueWave - 06-03-2021

You can check content of /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_equalizer.ini and adjust some parameters to your needs.

RE: Equalizer thresholds? - Joe - 06-04-2021

(06-03-2021, 03:34 PM)BlueWave Wrote: You can check content of /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_equalizer.ini and adjust some parameters to your needs.

This does appear to have the values that would determine those thresholds. However, when I change them and restart OAP, or reboot they are getting set back to MinValue = -30 and MaxValue = 70. Anyway to prevent the overwriting of these?

Also, what do the values "Preset" and "Preamp" do?

Thanks for the info!

RE: Equalizer thresholds? - BlueWave - 06-05-2021

(06-04-2021, 08:26 PM)Joe Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 03:34 PM)BlueWave Wrote: You can check content of /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_equalizer.ini and adjust some parameters to your needs.

This does appear to have the values that would determine those thresholds. However, when I change them and restart OAP, or reboot they are getting set back to MinValue = -30 and MaxValue = 70. Anyway to prevent the overwriting of these?

Thanks for the info!

Try to quit OpenAuto Pro and then modify the config file. Preset parameter is the id of current preset. Preamp parameter is currently unused.

RE: Equalizer thresholds? - Joe - 06-06-2021

(06-05-2021, 12:23 AM)BlueWave Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 08:26 PM)Joe Wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Try to quit OpenAuto Pro and then modify the config file. Preset parameter is the id of current preset. Preamp parameter is currently unused.

Perfect! Exactly what I was hoping for. I shutdown and rebooted multiple times to make sure the values would stick, and they did.

I attached a couple of images for demo, in case it helps others out.