BlueWave Studio forum
Android Auto connect by NO home screen - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Android Auto connect by NO home screen (/showthread.php?tid=2669)

Android Auto connect by NO home screen - Podo1024 - 05-20-2021

As the subject states.... I have connection with my phone (at least it says so) and OAP (at least the screen says so) but,
There is NOTHING on the screen except the Resume and Day/Night buttons (which do NOTHING when pressed)

System requirements:
a. What is the version of your RPI? Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (two diff boards)
b. Power supply details TWO 5v-2.5A (one for display, one for Raspi)NO problem with phone charging
c. Model of external sound card Daffodil Model US01 (is detected by system because vol control is turned on/working)
d. Do you have microphone input? Yes
e. Details of your Bluetooth dongle. Plugable USB BT 4.0
f. Touchscreen model Raspi Official 7"

2. Android Auto:
a. Which version of Android Auto have you installed on your phone? 6.4.611714-release
b. Model of your phone. Pixel 4A and Samsung S20 FE

3. Steps to reproduce your issue

When I plug EITHER phone in, a dialog box pops up and goes away (VERY quickly) but it says...
"Couldn't fine matching udev device"
As you can see in the pics, both OpenAuto Pro and phone think they are connected via USB Android Auto.
BUT, I can't get AndroidAuto to actually show up on the display.  It doesn't go to the HOME screen for AA.
I press RESUME and nothing happens.  I press Day/Night and nothing happens.

Maybe I'm missing something, but BOTH phones work fine with the radio in my 2021 Chevy Colorado truck, with Android Auto.

So, what is going on?  What am I doing wrong?

RE: Android Auto connect by NO home screen - BlueWave - 05-20-2021

Did your phone pass the Android Auto wizard after first connection?
Did you modify any OpenAuto Pro settings?
Did you install any additional software?
Did you change any developer settings in Android Auto app?

Please try to reproduce the issue and provide us log file located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log (please do not restart the Raspberry PI or OpenAuto Pro application before you grab the logs).

Also could you please explain visible Screebl's notification? How it is related to the screen orientation? What is the purpose of the Screebl app? Does Android Auto work when you uninstall it?

RE: Android Auto connect by NO home screen - Podo1024 - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 10:29 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Did your phone pass the Android Auto wizard after first connection?

Please try to reproduce the issue and provide us log file located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log (please do not restart the Raspberry PI or OpenAuto Pro application before you grab the logs).

NO idea what ... pass the Android Auto wizard... means.  Care to explain it?

I'm using a GOOGLE PIXEL 4A which connects to a 2021 Chevy Colorado radio with REAL Android Auto... so it isn't the phone.
I haven't modified ANYTHING... this is a fresh brand new install (ok except for the Raspi OS updates).
I have not installed ANYTHING on this unit.
I haven't changed ANYTHING in Android Auto app.

As I stated... this phone works with a real, production Android Auto radio, but NOTHING shows up on the OAP screen (per picture).

Both the phone AND OAP screens say they are connected, but nothing on the screen except Resume and Day/Night buttons.
And the buttons, when pressed, react but do nothing.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

During first connection of your phone to the headunit, you will have to pass the configuration wizard displayed by the phone.

Also please post mentioned log file for further analysis of the issue.

(05-20-2021, 10:29 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Did your phone pass the Android Auto wizard after first connection?

Also could you please explain visible Screebl's notification? How it is related to the screen orientation? What is the purpose of the Screebl app? Does Android Auto work when you uninstall it?

As for Screebl... it is an app that has been around for YEARS.
It's purpose is to keep the screen from timing out as long as the phone is within an orientation range.
Understand the AA works with this phone WITH Screebl on a production quality AA radio.
So, it isn't the phone or setup on the phone.
It has to be something that OAP doesn't like.

(05-20-2021, 10:41 PM)BlueWave Wrote: During first connection of your phone to the headunit, you will have to pass the configuration wizard displayed by the phone.

Also please post mentioned log file for further analysis of the issue.

Here's the log.
Hope this has the answer.

.txt   openauto_log.txt (Size: 20.08 KB / Downloads: 79)

Your statement:
(05-20-2021, 10:37 PM)Podo1024 Wrote: I haven't modified ANYTHING... this is a fresh brand new install (ok except for the Raspi OS updates).

Logs:
Quote:[2021-05-20 17:49:19.238965] [0x6510b150] [info] [OpenAuto] [BluetoothService] sending local adapter adress:

At least you modified Settings -> Android Auto -> Bluetooth setting but did not mention about that. According to provided logs, your Bluetooth adapter has not been detected by the Raspberry PI and empty address has been sent to the phone - that may prevent Android Auto to start.

Please restore default setting of the Bluetooth adapter (set it to None), do the retest and double check provided answers in your future posts. If that does not help, please do the reflash, do not modify anything and use official Pi Foundation power supply.

If you use poor quality USB charger (it looks so), that may lead to random disconnections of USB devices (e. g. Bluetooth dongle) when phone is also connected to the Pi (due to huge amount of current needed by fast charging).

(05-20-2021, 11:11 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Your statement:
(05-20-2021, 10:37 PM)Podo1024 Wrote: I haven't modified ANYTHING... this is a fresh brand new install (ok except for the Raspi OS updates).

Logs:
Quote:[2021-05-20 17:49:19.238965] [0x6510b150] [info]    [OpenAuto] [BluetoothService] sending local adapter adress:

At least you modified Settings -> Android Auto -> Bluetooth setting but did not mention about that. According to provided logs, your Bluetooth adapter has not been detected by the Raspberry PI and empty address has been sent to the phone - that may prevent Android Auto to start.

Please restore default setting of the Bluetooth adapter (set it to None), do the retest and double check provided answers in your future posts. If that does not help, please do the reflash and use official Pi Foundation power supply.

If you use poor quality USB charger (it looks so), that may lead to random disconnections of USB devices when phone is also connected to the Pi.
I'm not losing USB connection from either device... I've left them connected for 30 minutes... both still say connected, so I don't believe the USB Charger has anything to do with it.
I'm using TWO respected power adapters.  There are no Lightning Bolts on ANY screens,ever.
BUT, when I put this in a car, I will be using a 12V to 5V 10A power supply so there shouldn't be an issue.

I changed BT AFTER I was unable to get OAP to display AA screen.  I'll set it back to NONE.
I'll post back after I try that.

Thanks for the quick diagnosis.

According to provided logs, it is visible that Bluetooth dongle is not detected during connection to the Android Auto and Bluetooth connection with the phone is almost immediately broken after phone is plugged in to the USB port. That looks like a power issue. The most crucial parameter in used power supply is stable output voltage.