BlueWave Studio forum
OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant (/thread-2243.html)

OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - KreAch3R - 12-02-2020

Hello,

this is the second time this happens so I thought I should report it and get some thoughts on the issue.

While using AA (wireless), and all is well, I asked Google assistant two queries (regarding web search results), and when finishing the second query back to back (I heard the "blink" that notifies you that the recording stopped), raspbian gets thrown to the login screen and asks for password to login. The On-board keyboard doesn't appear on the login screen, so you're stuck there until you can find a safe space to force reboot the pi (if you don't have an external keyboard attached). 

I can't get any logs because the device becomes inoperable.

Can you look into it?

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - BlueWave - 12-02-2020

Please post more details about your setup. It looks more like GPU/Pi Windows Manager issue.

It might be also good to report the issue with crashing Windows Manager at Pi Foundation resources (github or forums).

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - KreAch3R - 12-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 08:17 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Please post more details about your setup. It looks more like GPU/Pi Windows Manager issue.

It might be also good to report the issue with crashing Windows Manager at Pi Foundation resources (github or forums).

I'm sorry, here it is from an older post:
System requirements:
a. What is the version of your RPI?: RPi4b 2GB
b. Power supply details: custom 12V to 5V 3A converter (no lighting /warning signs whatsoever)
c. Model of external sound card: random USB sound card CAB-U036
d. Do you have microphone input?: Yes
e. Details of your Bluetooth dongle: A CSR 4.0 dongle I think (bought according to your instructions)
f. Touchscreen model: Official RPi touchscreen

Yes, it does look like something like that. But I don't know where to start, where to look for logs. Has it ever happened to you? I'll try to replicate but I don't think I'll manage, it has happened twice in like 4-5 months (I don't use GA often).

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - BlueWave - 12-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 09:20 PM)KreAch3R Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 08:17 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Please post more details about your setup. It looks more like GPU/Pi Windows Manager issue.

System requirements:
a. What is the version of your RPI?: RPi4b
b. Power supply details: custom 12V to 5V 3A converter (no lighting /warning signs whatsoever)
e. Details of your Bluetooth dongle: A CSR 4.0 dongle I think (bought according to your instructions)

Yes, it does look like something like that. But I don't know where to start, where to look for logs. Has it ever happened to you? I'll try to replicate but I don't think I'll manage, it has happened twice in like 4-5 months (I don't use GA often).

How much RAM does your Raspberrry PI 4B has?

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - KreAch3R - 12-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 09:27 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 09:20 PM)KreAch3R Wrote:

System requirements:
a. What is the version of your RPI?: RPi4b

How much RAM does your Raspberrry PI 4B has? 

It's the 2GB version.

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - KreAch3R - 07-04-2021

It just happened again. Wasn't messing with it at all, on the highway, playing Spotify music. Crash and return to raspberry login screen. Any other ideas @BlueWave? Where can I find logs of this crash, if I can't enter the system without a full restart? Can I enable more debug logging of the GUI/GPU crashing?

RE: OAP thrown to login screen when using Google Assistant - BlueWave - 07-04-2021

(07-04-2021, 02:53 PM)KreAch3R Wrote: It just happened again. Wasn't messing with it at all, on the highway, playing Spotify music. Crash and return to raspberry login screen. Any other ideas @BlueWave? Where can I find logs of this crash, if I can't enter the system without a full restart? Can I enable more debug logging of the GUI/GPU crashing?

According to the description it looks like whole X11 subsystem or lightdm is crashing. We were not able to reproduce this issue on any of our reference setup. It might be related somehow to the FKMS driver, OpenGL subsystem or OpenMAX subsystem. The best way would be to raise an issue on the Raspberry PI forum or github. They could point what exact data would be useful for troubleshooting.

This thread is quite old but looks similar https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=161425&sid=084d63293eb512a8932a27c47a0dd119