BlueWave Studio forum
Whats video formats? - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Video features (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-64.html)
+--- Thread: Whats video formats? (/thread-1772.html)

Pages: 1 2

Whats video formats? - costa - 07-08-2020

I have finally made some progress.

I got Gstreamer, v4l2loopback installed, and setup to run on /video5.

These are my strings:
sudo modprobe v4l2loopback video_nr=5
gst-launch-1.0  -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !  videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=\(string\)I420 ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video5

It's loading fine in VLC on /video5

I have changed Devicedescriptor to /video5 as well in OAP settings, but I am still not getting any output in OAP, just a black screen.

There are loads of info about that here, but most is black talk to me  Undecided  http://trac.gateworks.com/wiki/Yocto/gstreamer/video#v4l2sink

Can you please tell me what formats does your Gstreamer API / X11 or whatever it is, want?

RE: Whats video formats? - costa - 07-17-2020

Could you please enlighten us about what it is that makes OAP unable to show the rear camera, eventhough it works fine in VLC, etc?
I am on my 4'th adapter now, with 4 different chips that doesn't work in your software.

RE: Whats video formats? - Daniel_BlueWave - 07-18-2020

(07-17-2020, 07:22 PM)costa Wrote: ...
I am on my 4'th adapter now, with 4 different chips that doesn't work in your software.

This is exactly the reason that officially we suport only RPI camera (please refer to product description in the shop) .

There is no reliable manufacturer that can be recommended, as HW that works good, after few months with a new HW release - does not. In case you do not want to use officially supported camera, you can check custom solutions introduced at this forum by users.

RE: Whats video formats? - costa - 07-18-2020

Well, all my adapters and cams work fine in all the video players I have tried in Raspian OS, even my 10 year old grabber, so I'd still say it's a limitation in OAP only.
Can't you just call VLC player or some other player from inside OAP, then most grabbers and cams would work?

And no, i'd rather not replace my built-in reverse cam with a flimpsy PI camera.

"Quote: It means that all hardware which works on stock Raspbian OS, also will work with OpenAuto Pro image. Is a matter of configuration."

Can you say anything about your reverse camera player in OAP? Does it require a special FPS, NTSC, PAL, Audio, Raw Video, etc, etc, so I have any idea what configuration you are talking about.

RE: Whats video formats? - BlueWave - 07-18-2020

There is no camera player in OAP. We just use V4L2 driver capabilities to get video stream from camera. Any camera compatible with V4L2 will be compatible with OAP. V4L2 is the Linux standard driver.

RE: Whats video formats? - Great - 07-18-2020

So why my camera works in V4L2 and I get a black screen in OAP? Just like OP and many others that reported same issue here

How did you check that your camera works outside OAP?

You mean, in Raspian? I just plug my camera into the grabber, and start a video player in Raspian, and it's streaming my cam.
Can you reveal what settings you use in V4l2 to import the stream into OAP?

V4L2 stream is pipelined via playbin component of GStreamer. Video player is not relevant way of checking the webcam because webcam itself may have some compression applied to the stream (like mjpeg or h264). Compressed video stream of camera is not the standard way to handle it. That is the reason why it may work with video player that has plenty of video codec embedeed but does not work with standard linux mechanism of handling camera streams.

If you do not want to use Raspberry PI official camera, then please find hardware that has video frames format compatible with Pi camera. Then everything should work as expected.

Ok, but the problem has nothing to do with the cam I guess. Even if I unplug the camera, and attach an old dvd player, or even remove the input from the grabber, OAP will not get the empty signal (blue screen) from the grabber.

Or do you mean, I should find a grabber that is supporting same format as PI is putting out?
I don't think that exist. I have checked out tons of grabbers on Amazon, Ebay, and stores in my country and it's all NTSC, 720x480, PAL 720x576, and Secam, and stuff like that if I want composite plug.