BlueWave Studio forum
Can't use internet - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Bluetooth features (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-72.html)
+---- Forum: Internet tethering (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-75.html)
+---- Thread: Can't use internet (/thread-1532.html)

Can't use internet - hisoft - 03-24-2020

I toggle internet sharing over Bluetooth from my phone but OpenAuto Pro still can't use the internet. How can I check what wrong with it?

RE: Can't use internet - skrimo - 03-24-2020

That's how I have it set. When I plug my phone into raspberry pi, it automatically turns on bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering, connects to OAP. Try to turn off wifi on your raspberry. What Bluetooth dongle do you use?

RE: Can't use internet - hisoft - 03-28-2020

(03-24-2020, 08:41 AM)skrimo Wrote: That's how I have it set. When I plug my phone into raspberry pi, it automatically turns on bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering, connects to OAP. Try to turn off wifi on your raspberry. What Bluetooth dongle do you use?
Turning off WiFi didn't help. I'm using Orico BTA-403 with CSR8510 controller. Other Bluetooth feature working normally include phone call.

http://www.orico.cc/usmobile/product/detail/id/3425

RE: Can't use internet - BlueWave - 03-28-2020

Once you enable Bluetooth Tetheering on your phone, OpenAuto Pro will automatically connect to it after 5-15 seconds. Please check whether you granted all necessary permisions to use Bluetooth Tetheering (it may vary depends on phone manufacturer).

RE: Can't use internet - hisoft - 04-02-2020

(03-28-2020, 12:28 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Once you enable Bluetooth Tetheering on your phone, OpenAuto Pro will automatically connect to it after 5-15 seconds. Please check whether you granted all necessary permisions to use Bluetooth Tetheering (it may vary depends on phone manufacturer).

Today I re-flash 7.0 and start from scratch. Exit OpenAuto Pro and access Chromium from Raspbian and still no luck. Bluetooth connection is work fined and Bluetooth tethering still on.
Do I need OpenAuto Pro to run? Since I'm on a hurry I didn't test by launching YouTube or Chromium from OpenAuto Pro.

RE: Can't use internet - BlueWave - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 03:05 PM)hisoft Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 12:28 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Once you enable Bluetooth Tetheering on your phone, OpenAuto Pro will automatically connect to it after 5-15 seconds. Please check whether you granted all necessary permisions to use Bluetooth Tetheering (it may vary depends on phone manufacturer).

Today I re-flash 7.0 and start from scratch. Exit OpenAuto Pro and access Chromium from Raspbian and still no luck. Bluetooth connection is work fined and Bluetooth tethering still on.
Do I need OpenAuto Pro to run? Since I'm on a hurry I didn't test by launching YouTube or Chromium from OpenAuto Pro.

Yes, OpenAuto Pro needs to be launched in order to use Bluetooth teethering. Your phone should display a notification that Internet sharing is in use. Please also try to reproduce the problem and post here logs located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log file.

RE: Can't use internet - skrimo - 04-02-2020

Bluetooth tethering has nothing to do with oap running or not.
@Bluewave, why are you stating that oap must run in order for bluetooth tethering to work, if I'm using bluetooth tethering on 4 other raspberry pi's and non of them has oap. Two of them have standard Raspbian OS, one of them Ubuntu OS and one of them DietPi OS.
When you enable bluetooth tethering in your phones settings and connect oap with phone over bluetooth, make sure you turn on internet sharing with OpenAuto pro where you select what OpenAuto pro can access over bluetooth {phone calls, contacts, music, internet sharing).

Thats all. OAP is just an "app installed" over standard Raspbian OS. It should work.

RE: Can't use internet - BlueWave - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 05:17 PM)skrimo Wrote: Bluetooth tethering has nothing to do with oap running or not.
@Bluewave, why are you stating that oap must run in order for bluetooth tethering to work, if I'm using bluetooth tethering on 4 other raspberry pi's and non of them has oap. Two of them have standard Raspbian OS, one of them Ubuntu OS and one of them DietPi OS.
When you enable bluetooth tethering in your phones settings and connect oap with phone over bluetooth, make sure you turn on internet sharing with OpenAuto pro where you select what OpenAuto pro can access over bluetooth {phone calls, contacts, music, internet sharing).

Thats all. OAP is just an "app installed" over standard Raspbian OS. It should work.

OpenAuto Pro establishes connection to the BNEP Bluetooth service. Raspbian itself does not do it by default. That is the reason why OpenAuto Pro needs to be launched.

RE: Can't use internet - skrimo - 04-02-2020

Sorry @Bluewave, my mistake. It became such a standard procedure to "enable" bluetooth tethering for me that I simply forgot it's not just "plug and play".

RE: Can't use internet - hisoft - 04-07-2020

(04-02-2020, 03:14 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:05 PM)hisoft Wrote:

Yes, OpenAuto Pro needs to be launched in order to use Bluetooth teethering. Your phone should display a notification that Internet sharing is in use. Please also try to reproduce the problem and post here logs located at /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log file.
Ok. Now it work fined. Thanks.
Speed is just ok for YouTube so everythings should be fine.

I'm using Android app name "Blue Car Tethering". It will start tethering automatically when connected to selected Bluetooth device. Select OpenAuto Pro and now there is no need to touch my phone anymore. Just start my car and everything work automatically. Really happy.  Heart

[Image: MI1ZNHP.jpg]