BlueWave Studio forum
waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Hardware for head-unit (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-87.html)
+--- Forum: Power Supply and Safe Shutdown (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-91.html)
+--- Thread: waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 (/thread-1439.html)

waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 - eruji - 02-13-2020

So this is probably more of a general RPI question but i have installed a momentary switch on pins 5 and 6. also added 
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown
to boot\config.txt

it shutsdown everytime but does not always wake. most of the time the green led turns on and the screen lights up but just sits there. Does this have anything to do with OAP? or is a Raspbian/PI issue? i have no problems pulling the plug for a hard reset and booting. only after shutting down and trying to short pin 5 and 6. works maybe half the time.

EDIT: actually the green led flashes 7 times which i guess means the kernel is not found. still dont know why this is intermittent

RE: waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 - ktb - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 05:37 AM)eruji Wrote: So this is probably more of a general RPI question but i have installed a momentary switch on pins 5 and 6. also added 
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown
to boot\config.txt

it shutsdown everytime but does not always wake. most of the time the green led turns on and the screen lights up but just sits there. Does this have anything to do with OAP? or is a Raspbian/PI issue? i have no problems pulling the plug for a hard reset and booting. only after shutting down and trying to short pin 5 and 6. works maybe half the time.

EDIT: actually the green led flashes 7 times which i guess means the kernel is not found.  still dont know why this is intermittent

This is a recent firmware issue. It's been posted to the RPF forum several times and they are working on a fix.

RE: waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 - eruji - 02-13-2020

Oh, i thought that was resolved last year. ive seen the threads about the 5 and 6 pin not working when the 4b first came out.

Stupid question: is the firmware baked into the OAP images?

RE: waking from halt using pin 5 and 6 - ktb - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 03:26 PM)eruji Wrote: Oh, i thought that was resolved last year. ive seen the threads about the 5 and 6 pin not working when the 4b first came out.

Stupid question: is the firmware baked into the OAP images?

This recent bug is not specifically related to pins 5 and 6.

I don't know what you mean by baked into the OAP images. It is included in the images. OAP is just built on top of the RPF/RPT version of the Raspbian distro. You can update the kernel, bootloader/firmware and userland just as regular Raspbian users would (using APT) as updates become available. It seems that the OAP developers keep most of the Raspbian packages up to date (at the time of OAP releases), but I could be wrong.

I know RPF/RPT has updated the relevant packages a couple times very recently. I'm fairly sure they fixed a recent Pi Camera issue in some of the updates. You might want to try updating to see if it resolves the problem you're experiencing...

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade