BlueWave Studio forum
Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Community (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-85.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-57.html)
+--- Thread: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons (/thread-1285.html)

Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - dan412 - 12-22-2019

Hello:

I just installed AOP 4 on my RPI 4, finished setup but the bottom bar buttons do not respond. It appears the application does not receive touch input from that section of the screen. What can I do to fix this? It works OK on my RPI 3 B
+.

Thanks

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - Daniel_BlueWave - 12-22-2019

Try to re-flash your sd card. Meantime provide us more information about your screen and setup.

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - dan412 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:24 AM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: Try to re-flash your sd card. Meantime provide us more information about your screen and setup.

I did a re-flash, this time using Win32Diskmanager -  same result. The screen is the Pi Foundation 7in screen.

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - BlueWave - 12-22-2019

Please check with another ribbon cable. Looks like it may be broken.

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - dan412 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 11:46 AM)BlueWave Wrote: Please check with another ribbon cable. Looks like it may be broken.
I swapped the ribbon cable with one from my RPI3. Still no response; the work cable works on the other (RPI 3) build. Do you have this working for you on RPI 4? If so, any specific display/config settings to apply?

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - BlueWave - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 03:09 PM)dan412 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 11:46 AM)BlueWave Wrote: Please check with another ribbon cable. Looks like it may be broken.
I swapped the ribbon cable with one from my RPI3. Still no response; the work cable works on the other (RPI 3) build. Do you have this working for you on RPI 4? If so, any specific display/config settings to apply?

We use official Pi display with Pi4 without any additional configuration.

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - dan412 - 12-24-2019

(12-22-2019, 05:06 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

Do you mind sharing the contents of your /boot/config.txt that is working? My sense is that there is overscan setting/parameter that is missing or incorrect.

Thanks

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - BlueWave - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 12:53 PM)dan412 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 05:06 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

Do you mind sharing the contents of your /boot/config.txt that is working? My sense is that there is overscan setting/parameter that is missing or incorrect.

Thanks

Official Pi display should work out of the box with OpenAuto Pro image. Additional modifications of /boot/config.txt are not needed.

RE: Bottom bar issue - no response from Back/Home/Exit buttons - dan412 - 12-26-2019

For some inexplicable reason, this is not working for me (tested on 2 different screens). Basically, the half inch of the bottom of the screen (where the Home/Back buttons are) does not respond to touch any more. These are the same screens I have used with prior versions of OAP. To confirm, I loaded OAP 3.2 which worked previously - now none of the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen are responding to touch, so  I can't even exit the program (to go to Raspbian GUI.). This is the same behavior with AOP 4 and 5. Is there anyone else that has seen and resolved this?

PS: These are RPI3 B+ & RPI4.