BlueWave Studio forum
OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-67.html)
+--- Thread: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available (/thread-1283.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Daniel_BlueWave - 12-21-2019

Next version of the OpenAuto Pro 5.0 has been released.

If you would like to update your version of the OpenAuto Pro, send us an email at software@bluewavestudio.io with your order number.

More information can be found here: OpenAuto Pro 5.0 Changelog

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Wesley_125 - 12-21-2019

today i requested the update and got it via mail. i used the method to do it with the commands. everything went great but when the pi rebooted, the splash screen woud keep loading for more than 5mins. now going to try to flash it on th sd to see what it does...

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Hisma - 12-22-2019

openauto does not launch. My pi boots into raspbian, but when trying to load openauto, I get this error -
pi@raspberrypi:~$ openauto
/usr/local/bin/autoapp: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem.so.1.67.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it is worth noting that I updated from 3.3 to 5.0. I guess I did a bigger jump than I should have? should I update to 4.0 first then go to 5.0?

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - BlueWave - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 02:08 PM)Hisma Wrote: openauto does not launch. My pi boots into raspbian, but when trying to load openauto, I get this error -
/usr/local/bin/autoapp: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem.so.1.67.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it is worth noting that I updated from 3.3 to 5.0. I guess I did a bigger jump than I should have? should I update to 4.0 first then go to 5.0?

3.3.1 is based on older Raspbian version (Stretch). 4.0 is based on Raspbian Buster that brings support for the Pi4. There is no "cleany" way to update between two different Raspbian distributions.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Hisma - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 02:16 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 02:08 PM)Hisma Wrote: openauto does not launch.  My pi boots into raspbian, but when trying to load openauto, I get this error -

it is worth noting that I updated from 3.3 to 5.0.  I guess I did a bigger jump than I should have?  should I update to 4.0 first then go to 5.0?

3.3.1 is based on older Raspbian version (Stretch). 4.0 is based on Raspbian Buster that brings support for the Pi4. There is no "cleany" way to update between two different Raspbian distributions.

Right.  I ended up upgrading to buster.  And I was able to get through most of the version issues.  But now I get a new error and I can't figure out how to address it - 
[libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:79] This program was compiled against version 3.0.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, which is not compatible with the installed version (3.6.1).  Contact the program author for an update.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "google/protobuf/any.pb.cc".)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'google::protobuf::FatalException'

So I have tried installing libprotobuf version 3.0.0 using pip & it still doesn't work.  Buster comes by default with version 3.6.1 and it doesn't allow you to revert.  How can I fix this problem?? Again installing fresh is not an option, my installation is too heavily customized.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Daniel_BlueWave - 12-22-2019

There is chain of dependencies and this is just beginning. We are not able to guide through all of them.
Our recommendation is to re-flash image with newest OpenAuto Pro image.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - Hisma - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:05 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: There is chain of dependencies and this is just beginning. We are not able to guide through all of them.
Our recommendation is to re-flash image with newest OpenAuto Pro image.

Yes I realize I need to re-flash now.  I really wanted to avoid this but it's turned into a mess at this point so I have no choice.
I understand it would be quite difficult to come up with OTAs or upgrades, but I would highly recommend that you look at seeing what it would take to make major upgrades more painless.  In my case, and I'm sure in many other user's case, we have custom scripts, unique settings, 3rd party apps, etc. that all get wiped out in a re-flash.  Not only that, but because many of us go through a lot of trouble to make our installations look clean, the sd-card ends up in locations that are difficult to access and require vehicle disassembly. 
I would hope that at least you can offer a "settings backup" option that can back up important app settings & scripts in specific locations.  But the ultimate goal should be OTA updates.  My installation worked perfectly and I have no use for your latest features, but I'm forced to upgrade bc AA was non-functional on 3.3. I'm now looking at hours of work to simply get back to where I was before and make my set-up functional again.  Not fun.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - peetereczek - 12-29-2019

I have just updated my OA 4.0 to 5.0 version and the sound is outstanding. Everything works perfectly. Unfortunately sound amplifier was removed from my car, but anyway that update improved the sound very much. Still I can observe difference in sound loudness between just OA and Android Auto

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - sonicxtacy02 - 12-30-2019

Just came to chime in and say I LOVE 5.0! It fixes my rPi4 phone issues and the equalizer is simply incredible! Thanks for what you do BWS

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 5.0 is available - albertje - 12-30-2019

hi guys.
just updated to oa5, but bluetooth isnt working anymore on the pi4. anyone else with this problem?
or has anyone a solution for this matter?

the last beta was working flawless